I'm a Taurus. I'm a Taurus through and through...part of being born under this lovely astrological sign is the lovely ability to be able to sit on my super-sized ass and do NOTHING for hours, days, months....
MOO
Because of this fantastic ability, I've formed a disgusting habit lately of wearing the same clothes 2 days in a row. The reasoning behind this may be because they are already sitting there on the floor next to my bed where I tossed them in a heap the night before instead of walking 3 extra steps to put them in my laundry basket in the closet. Then the next morning, I get out of the shower, and I don't need to think about what to wear. I just remove the old undies from the pile, throw on some new ones, put the rest of the pile on my body, and out the door I go. I think it's an ingenious system. I don't really see any of the same people from day to day and so far my husband hasn't commented on it. (He probably knows that he shouldn't or else he'll get no sex. Oh wait, I've been married for 5 years and I have 2 small children - he doesn't get any sex anyway) None of my clothes have started walking on their own yet or anything and I try to wash jeans at least every 4 wearings. I think that another reason I have started doing this is beacuse nothing fits. I wear the same 5 outfits on rotation because they look cute, don't cause muffin top, and make my thighs look slender (ok nothing makes my thighs look slender but a girl can dream, right??)
Crappy habit number 2 would be not cleaning my house very often. People always tell me how neat my house is but that's because I have perfected the FACADE of a clean house. Before people come over I pick up all the toys, run the vacuum real quick and spot clean under the kids' kitchen chairs. Otherwise, there are usually 4 days worth of cheerios, fruit cup pieces, and unidentified food bits on my kitchen floor at any given moment. My cat (yes I have a cat but no one ever sees her but us) likes to leave her fur all over the place and so my kids have a new game - chase the furball. Then there's the master bathroom. No one ever sees that room except my husband and me so it's always the last room to be cleaned and it's always the one that needs it the MOST. My husband yells at me about this, but really...who the hell wants to clean shower doors?? Shower doors are without a doubt, the stupidest invention ever. They are impossible to keep clean and they are FUGLY. Everytime I see them, I want to throw on daisy duke shorts, style my hair with wings and sing the Three's Company theme song. I keep trying to talk him into taking them out and just using a curtain but he won't budge. Fine. No curtain, no clean shower!!
Ok, mine aren't THIS bad but seriously - all glass shower doors are collectors for soap scum. gah.
Also this year, I think that I need to shave my legs more often. I'm not sure when I did that last...when was the last time we had weather warm enough for shorts??? I need the extra layer of fur in the winter to keep warm, damnit!
Wearing a fur coat would not only be cruel, but expensive as well. I grow my own fur.
My husband is SO lucky :)



I hate hate hate my shower doors...and I don't even clean them. Jared does but only out of necessity. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd left over cheerios under the chairs are totally Ian's snack some mornings. Is that wrong??
i too have the fake-clean house.... i had to chase G around the kitchen to get a god-knows-what piece of food out her mouth.....klassy
ReplyDeleteI pick up clothes off the floor all the time. I use the excuse that "I'm saving water because I wash half as many clothes!" Kenny doesn't buy it. Apparently I'm a scrub. Phooey. Husbands, who needs 'em? :)
ReplyDelete