Thursday, January 7, 2010

But it's soooo much easier...

So here it is January 7 and I've still not stepped foot on my eliptical machine, haven't picked up a weight, haven't even sat on my exercise ball!!  (and who doesn't like to just sit and bounce on an exercise ball?  It's comfy and fun, even for watching TV and eating a bowl of ice cream!)

BAAAAH!!! 

There are so many tempations.  Let me list them for you.

1. Dunkin Donuts
I have an addiction.  It's a huge one.  It's Dunkin Donuts coffee.  Coffee??  How can coffee be a diet killer??  Well, I don't like just plain black coffee.  I order my DD coffee with cream and some caramel syrup.  I've tried buying the beans, grinding them at home and adding my own fat free milk and suger free caramel syrup but it's just not the same.  I probably should go on the website and look up how many calories are in my usual order, but I can't bear to look.  Even worse is that Simone now wants to order at the drive-through for me!!  Today I pulled through and almost in unison we said, "Hi there, may I please have a large coffee with cream and caramel syrup?"  Then we got to the window and she told the woman thanks.  Great, my 3 year old already has a caffeine and sugar addiction...and I go there often enough that she has memorized my order.  This can't be good.

2. Chik fil a

Look at those cows!!!  Look at their sad eyes.  They don't want me to eat a hamburger, damnit.  They want me to eat chicken!  Chicken!!  It's good for me, right???  White meat, less calories, the whole dealio!  Umm.....sorry Dana, it's breaded and fried in peanut oil and is clogging your arteries as we speak.  But really it's their own fault - I LOVE grilled chicken sammiches usually but theirs is just awful.  It's like their own evil plan to keep people coming back for more of the greasy goodness.  They make the healthy shit yukky.  It tastes like cardboard -I've tried it.  The other hard thing is that their playplace is SOOO much cleaner and nicer than all the other fast food joints so it's a nice place to meet up with other moms and take the kids to go burn off a ton of energy for an hour or 2 before nap in this cold weather.  Too bad they don't make those slides big enough for my gigantic ass or I'd play too and burn off the 800 calories I just ate in fried chicken and glorious waffle fries.

3. Ice Cream
I love ice cream.  When I was pregnant with Simone it was my HUGE craving and I ate it at least 3-4 times a week.  The thing was, when I was pregnant I lost weight like crazy (ducks from all the moms and pregnant moms to be out there that gained 60+ pounds and looked like houses while pregnant.  Sorry, sucks to be you!  I was adorable and thin and oh so CUTE when I was pregnant with both my girls - or at least I like to think so.)  But alas, here I am 10 months post partum and I still can't give the stuff up.  I buy it and keep it in the freezer and eat it at least 3 times per week.  I need to just stop!

Ok so there we are - 3 good reasons why I'm still fat.  Ok ok they're not GOOD reasons, but they are tempations.  3 of many that I have, but the 3 main ones!  So here we go.  If I could stop going through drivethroughs or visiting fast food joints all together, then 2 out of 3 would be gone and then I could just keep my last one, right??

More importantly, there are lots of wonderful reasons for getting healthy and being thinner and to quit putting garbage in my mouth all day long....







1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Love you woman!! (and I'm currently an addict to Chik-fil-a....oh so beautiful!!)

    ReplyDelete